Ephesians 4-29-32
TEMPER: a sudden outburst of anger.
It erupts and melts everything like a volcano. Its blast can be as powerful as a nuclear explosion. =( Temper can be as intense as a volcano when it is aimed directly at another person in a family. Bad thing is, it leaves an emotional as well as spiritual devastation and bitter feelings behind. People we love are often the target of our hurtful words. And it really hurts, all the more to us. I feel so burdened and find myself regretful of what I've said and done. Yet the Lord is telling me that I have a choice: that is to respond in anger or in kindness. And I will always choose to respond in kindness and tender heart. This can be my own thorn in the flesh and I want to win over losing temper. The Lord said: I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me."-Philippians 4:13. All I need to do is surrender this vulnerable part of my emotions to God's strength. "Instead be kind and tender hearted to one another, and forgive one another, as God has forgiven you through Christ."-Ephesians 4:32. So really, who am I not to forgive even the littlest things others have done especially those in my family. I ask God to forgive me for uncontrolled temper and may He show me how to moderate my emotions and teach me how to honor others above myself. Seek help to others to deal with your emotions in appropriate ways. Lord, use my friends in Christ in giving me spiritual support and words about losing temper. I pray that the Lord be with us in victory over the world's temptation of anger and bitterness. As we earnestly seek to love others and to please God, we can win the victory over a volcanic temper.Spirit of God please change my heart and give me a new desire. I want to be a man of peace, not controlled by anger's fire.-K. De Haan
Losing your temper is no way to get rid of it.
God bless all of us with peace and love for one another. May we live our lives with kind and tender heart. Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment