Sep 23, 2008

Thy righteousness...our faith...our salvation

Galatians 2:15
15"We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.
17"If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not! 18If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker. 19For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"


This defines how we can be saved by our faith alone. Faith means feeling or belief, that something is true, real, or will happen even if you dont see it. Salvation refers to the process of being saved, the state of having been saved (from hell); The process of being restored or made new for the purpose of becoming saved; the process of being rid of the old poor quality conditions and becoming improved. Which happens when we accept Jesus Christ. We can do good things all times but this does not mean or assure our salvation. Only God can save us that is why He sent his Son to for all of us.

John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We are chosen to enter His Kingdom, He is just waiting for us to accept and believe in God the Father and Son, Jesus Christ. He have given us everything. Wonderful isnt it? Now, its for us to do our part. Let's celebrate life, our Christian lives.

No comments:

Powered by FeedBurner