Sep 14, 2008

love in children's eyes

It was a family day during our long weekend. I was on leave so we had a long time to spend our quality moments together. Of course, we ate out to give our son a chance to visit his favorite fastfood of all time, Jollibee. Basta pag nakita nya si Jollibee nag-iiba ang mood nya. So yun. Supposedly we were going to eat to other restaurant eh kaso nung nagising sya hinanap nya agad si Jollibee. Malayo pa kami eh tumatakbo na sya sa pinto ng fastfood. He was so happy and that would be everytime he sees his fave character.

We were enjoying our food when my son went down his chair (hindi na sa high chair kasi kaya na nyang kumawala dun). He talked to a young girl (kung di sya nakahikaw di ko malalaman na girl sya because of her hair) near our table. The usual Elijah moves. He approached the kid and talked to her like he was saying something (kahit wala). Then we smiled to her and I asked her where was her mom. "Andun po umoorder." Then I told her, "Ah ok. Dyan ka muna ha pakainin ko muna sya. Antay mo mommy mo."
I thought Elijah would stay because I gave him his favorite fries. He only got one piece and grabbed another one. Then he went down his chair again and gave the other fries to the little girl. He said, "Oh...( and other hard to explain words) the girl immediately responded, "Thank you." I and my husband smiled and were happy to see our child sharing what he has. As parents we thank God for teaching our child to love others. Of course we were proud of him to think that he's only a year and a half.


A very good moment to write about. Though I was not able to get her name I took their picture together and they gave me sweet smiles. After few seconds, her mom and dad came. She immediately told them about their picture. "Pinicturan kami!" That was lovely.


Kids can truly express love even without knowing that they are doing so and leaving a great message to everyone. Start giving and sharing even at age 0, and I've seen an example with my own son. Who will not be touched. Maybe watching JolliTown when it was still on air thought him lessons of life. Though I was not able to take their picture during that exact moment it will always stay in my mind and heart. That my child, at his very young age, started to share his blessings even to somebody he doesnt know. I know he will be a good person and a faithful Christian. In God's grace!

No comments:

Powered by FeedBurner